- GENERAL TERMS
This privacy statement is made on behalf of Become A Trader LTD (Company No. 11454847.)
Become A Trader (“BAT”) is a trading education company and offers a range of content, products and services related to various types of trading including but not limited to FX, Stocks, Indices and Commodities. We are dedicated to respect your privacy and safe guarding your information. We want to give you clear information about what data we collect and how we use it. We are committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information. This privacy and cookies policy explains what to expect when Become A Trader collects your personal information. This privacy and cookies policy relates to our use of personal information we collect from you via the following:-
- Become A Trader Website and Landing Pages
- 3rd party marketing referrals
- Social Media
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information about you. We may collect this information when you:
- Register to our starter pack
- Register for our Live Trading Room
- Register for an online or physical workshop
- When you attend a trading workshop
- When you purchase a Become A Trader Education Products
- Sign up for publications or newsletters
- Telephone, write, contact us online or text us or otherwise provide us with your personal information
This can include information such as your name, email address, postal address, IP address, telephone number, mobile number and payment information.
We only collect sensitive personal information if we are under a legal duty to do so, for example, relating to your health if you request special assistance for an event. Any such information is securely kept on your delegate profile.
- How your information is used
We will not sell, rent or swap your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities without your consent.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the conditions in which it is being collected and used, but usually fall into one of the following categories:
- Where the processing is necessary to carry out the performance of a contract with you; for example, if you purchase a product or service from us we would need to process your information to enable us to supply the product or service
- Where you have taken clear affirmative action and consent is implied. For example where you have provided your personal data via an online form.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way.
If you have given your consent, we will use your information for a number of reasons such as:
- Collecting personal information about you, your interests and likes
- Send you information regarding the details of your purchase or booking
- Send information on other products and services of the Become A Trader
- Send you information relating to events that Become A Trader is part of
- WILL MY INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE
As described in this policy your information will only be shared within the Become A Trader Group.
We may share with third party sites such as Google or Facebook some data with appropriate security measures to show relevant advertising on third-party sites.
- OTHER WAYS WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may perform an analysis of the information we collect about you to improve the products and services we provide.
We also use your data to find similar profiles of persons using marketing tools within Facebook and Google. Your data is stored within the BAT Facebook and Google accounts, however, your information cannot be accessed by Facebook and Google
- WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
Become A Trader will only send you marketing emails where you have consented to this and you are able to withdraw your consent at any time by updating your preferences.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third-party sites.
- HOW LONG WILL BAT KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is essential for the applicable activity or until you request that we remove your information from our systems by sending a email to email@example.com
- TELLING US WHEN THINGS CHANGE
You can help us keep our records up to date by telling us when your contact details and other personal information changes. You can also change your mind at any time about how we contact you or ask us to stop contacting you altogether.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION BAT HOLDS ABOUT ME
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with photo identification. We will provide you with the information within 2 weeks of your request unless requests are complex and numerous.
For any requests in respect of your data please contact email@example.com
11.1 What Are Cookies
11.3 Disabling Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
11.4 The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
11.5 Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
11.6 More Information
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us via Email firstname.lastname@example.org